http://easybib.com/
This website is a great academic source. I use it a lot in my English class and also with many other classes in which one would use MLA writing format. This site creates correct citations such as bibliographies. Find the type of source you use, click it, type in all the information that is available to you about that source and it makes you a correct citation in MLA format.
As a high school P.E. teacher I know I will be using the Excel program a lot. They are great for creating charts. I would be able to type up a nutrition chart so that students can monitor what they eat, how much they eat, and what they should be eating. They can use their charts to create a graph of their weight, height, and BMI and turn it in as a project. I will also be using Excel spread sheets as a teacher to calculate grades and keep attendance for my students.
I am currently using Excel in a school situation that is a great example. In my Biology Lab we have been recording the growth and flowering of plants. I have to use excel to record all of my data and I'm also using it to create a line graph of my data that I have collected. I am doing the entire project using Excel.
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago
I love easybib. It has come to my rescue so many times!
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of using excel for a nutrition chart.
Awesome! I can't believe i've never heard of this!!! I am so gonna rock that.
ReplyDeleteYour idea of a nutrition chart is very creative!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure how PE teachers could use Excel other than to calculate grades, but yours was a very good idea!