Monday, August 31, 2009

Post #1

I believe that this chapter brings many good points as to wht tchnology should be used in classrooms and can be very helpful for students. I do agree that technology is a big part of education these days and should be. We live in a technologically advancing world where students should have a basic knowledge of computers. Search Engines, Wikapedia, Online Texts, and interactive classrooms are just a couple of ways using the computer can be helpful to students. Also, Smart boards and power points are easily accessible and present clear information to students. This gives a more well rounded lesson as oppossed to the traditional lecture setting.
I know that as a teacher I will use many aspects of computer technology. I hope to learn how to use an Exel sheet because I know that most schools use a grading system that involves this. Like I mentioned before, the use of a power point presentation would be a great asset to any classroom and I plan to use it. I hope that resources for Online Texts will be available to me because I think it would really reduce the book load for many students and prevent kids from having back problems later on.What I hope to get out of this class is to learn how to accomplish both Exel and the Power Point programs to the point that it's second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment