Monday, August 24, 2009

Blog # 0




My prior experiences with technology don't include more than the simplest tasks. I have trouble with most technology dealing with computers. PC's are simpler to me. Click file, then scroll down to what ever task you want to perform. Easy right? Ya, not with a Mac for me. I am not a very savy Mac computer user. I don't have my saftey net of programs to refer to. In it's place a finder search enguine for your documents. It's a similar concept, but to me very confusing. Forget about me knowing anything about Power Poin or Exel!



In this class I hope to master the use of both programs Exel and Power Point on both a Mac and a PC. I like being able to put pictures and cute fonts on pages and projects, and I think this class will be very helpful in my doing so in the future. I also hope to become quicker with a key pad. My typing speed is'nt exactly up to par compared to my peers.



Most of my results of the Learning Style Test did not surprise me too much. I am very well aware of what works and what doesn't work for me in a class room setting. In addition to my prior awareness, I took an Introduction to Education class last semester in which we performed a similar test. I am definitely an ACTIVE learner. I love to listen and watch them do something then mimic what has happened. I need to try things out or discuss with others to "get it".

No comments:

Post a Comment